CAPTURING LIFE'S HONEST MOMENTS
I know there is a lot to cover and lots of planning to do for a wedding. So, I want you feeling confident on your day when it comes to photography. My goal is to give you moments you can look back on 10-20 years from now. Photos that showcase all the love and wonderful memories you have made.
When you book me, here is what you can expect:
1. Questions. What's important most to you in a wedding? The people? Where you are? It's personalization and customization. I want to learn about you and better understand what your visions are so that I can align with them. It's not an automated ABC step. Every person and couples are different! That is what's going to make your wedding day so special and unique.
2. Communication. Meet your new Pen Pal! When I was in elementary school, this was the most exciting thing ever to receive a freshly sealed letter from a friend. But, instead of writing letters and mailing it - we'll use emails, phones calls, video calls, and in-person consultations to go over questions, concerns, and ideas. Anything and everything.
3. Honesty and Respect. This is a collaboration of you and I, I'm not the school photographer who clicks away and sends for the next kid. When you hire me, you get all of me. My eyes, my creativity, and my brains. You get an artist. This is a team effort. Which means I'm going to give you my honest opinion and help you make the best decision for the best results for your images and special day. And I hope you do the same.
THIS IS YOUR EXPIRIENCE!
Where should we get photos done?
When it comes my style, you'll see that we don't sit at parks; adventure is our companion! And with that as our setting I can assure you we will have a plethora of beautiful locations for your choosing.
- A location selection can be an extension of who you are. So, if you want to visit your favorite mountain trail, take a nostalgic trip to the beach, or a trip to a bucket list spot, as long as you have an idea of what your heart wants, I'll be able to help work with you on the perfect location.
- To plan for the best, we have to account for the worst. Almost locations will have a better time season for visiting, however, if dates aren't flexible, I implore you to embrace what mother nature is able to provide for our day and let our adventurous side take over.
- Things can happen! So, I recommend my couples to be free of any plans one hour prior and one hour after especially when our plan includes hiking and traveling to our destination. There's no limit for fun or happy creating.
When is the best time for photos?
While I wish I could always provide the best conditions for shooting (and yes my camera and I has endured being rained and snowed on) sometimes we take what we are given make turn it to our advantage. A couple of notes to consider:
- There is no arguing that soft and even light is going to be the best for portraits. Therefore, when we plan on an adventure with me, be prepared to be traveling before sunrise or before sunset, especially if we plan on including a hike.
- Something I always advise my couples, is that weekdays are far better than weekends. This helps tremendously with avoiding the midday crowds and provides for an intimate experience and for better photos.
- Some places, especially for eloping or an adventure session will have a more suitable time for visiting for weather conditions. (Fall, spring) Looking into when rainy seasons is, or flower blooms will help determine a better time to visit for the best experience.
There are so many things we can do and incorporate for couples, engagements, and elopements. Sometimes it can be overwhelming, but it doesn't have to be! It can simply be picking to do the things that you both love doing or something new you want to try! Here are my list of a few of favs that can make for a fun time and experience;
Late night pool party
Campfires + snuggles & smore's
Jumps in lakes & floating with floaties
Visiting new terrain (Flats, desert)
Skateboarding or Rollerblading
Classic car rides in the suburbs
Beer & pizza on rooftops
All-white party attire
What's it like during a session?
Always, I want you to feel comfortable. We don't want something that looks forced and uncomfortable and not totally you! I am not just your Photographer, when you hire me, you also gain a friend and hype-girl. We'll meet up, we hang out, and begin our journey together. We just so happen to be taking amazing photos at the same time! After booking you will receive emails and questions from me as well as guides and details based on where we decide to go!
My approach is to let you take the lead and I will follow, meaning, if you are goof balls or a quiet and intimate couple, I will go with your flow. If you are worried about feeling and looking awkward, don't worry! This is why I am here! And you are not alone! It's part of the creative process - it's like warming up before you start a workout, and we all have that Beyoncé persona within us somewhere!
During engagement and couple's sessions, I use a more hands-on and directional approach since we have more time to get comfortable and compose those artistic shots you guys love so much! I engage much more while chatting and jamming to songs while also providing guidance and prompts. And since it's going to be the first time we are working together, engagement sessions are a great ice breaker if you are considering me as your Wedding/Elopement photographer.
On your Wedding Day
You will most likely see less directional and guidance than your engagement session. I believe your Wedding Day should be as authentic as possible while also capturing those beautiful moments. Your job is to enjoy the day and experience it in its full. (Aside from helping guide a shot for bride and groom photos or help direct you for the best angles) This also helps me capture the special unscripted moments and the ones you might have missed.
Images can be reminder...
It can spark a memory and it can flood you with feelings and emotions.
Sometimes in our hectic lives we forget to take a moment to look around and appreciate what we have. That is why I believe photography is so important and why I cherish it. So, trust me when I say to go for it, take the chance and have that amazing adventure, YOLO. Do what feels right! What makes YOU happy. I am hands-down to go out and make it an unforgettable experience with you, hike to the view, get down in the dirt, splashed by waves of water! Whatever makes your heart happy, no matter how weird, GO FOR IT. And I will do whatever I can to help make it happen. I understand. You have found your partner for life and I LOVE this for you. I'm right there with you. So, TRUST - I am ready for your moment.
"I knew the pictures were going to turn out beautifully but when we finally received them, they COMPLETLY EXCEEDED my expectations! I am so happy that Selena was able to capture these moments for me and my mom with our first child. It means to much to me that we will be able to immortalize this time to share with our family and friends and our children in the future. She helped make this experience smooth, easy and enjoyable despite the cold weather, especially as my boyfriend never modeled before. I am 100% confident in Selena's skills as a photographer and would recommend her 1000x if I could!"